The newly developed DIL M contactors switch motors up to 170 A. Significantly improved performance features such as pickup and holding powers, optimised dimensions and advantages during installation transform the contactor relays to an absolute top product. Contactors with DC and AC operation now have identical geometries. This facilitates a common range of accessories which is independent of the voltage, making the planning, design and installation processes much easier and reduces the need to modify control systems, even if the control current requires modification for a different client.
Eaton covers the performance range up to 170 A with four sizes and three installation widths (45 mm up to 32 A, 55 mm up to 72 A and 90 mm up to 170 A). The smallest frame size as a contactor relay and contactor is an excellent compromise between minimum dimensions, higher physical performance capability and additional handling advantages.
In addition to a comprehensive top mounting auxiliary contact range, Eaton also offers side-mounted auxiliary contacts for all xStart contactors.
These are particularly suitable when very flat switch cabinets are to be installed directly on the machine.
Contactors are devices for world markets. They have UL and CSA approvals, CCC approval, shipping classifications, GOST R and Ukrain-GOST approvals.
As the main circuit wiring is generally implemented first in power distribution systems using thick wiring and solid wiring cross-sections, the coil connections which have been moved forward play their part in assuring rational wiring.
Touch protection is a primary consideration in many control panels. The new shrouding kit DILM..-XIP2X now provides finger touch protection to all xStart contactors.
The contactor series DILA and DILM7 to DILM15 feature finger touch protection as standard/ex-works. On contactors DILM17 to DILM170, the enhanced finger touch protection to IP2X is provided by the additional shroud.
- 4 sizes cover the performance range up to 170 A
- Only 3 widths up to 170 A
- Integrated auxiliary contacts up to 38 A
- Finger proof version up to 170 A
- Side-mounted auxiliary contacts for flat installation applications.
DIL contactors up to 170 A feature box terminals with two clamping chambers. Differing conductor cross-sections can be safely wired – even on machines subject to strong vibrations – using this feature. Wiring is made easier and wiring fault potential is reduced.
Eaton also offers the tried and trusted quality in the area of springloaded terminals. Up to 12 A the main and control circuit terminations and from 12 A the control circuit terminations are available with springloaded terminals. Numerous tests prove that contactors and motor-protective circuit-breakers can be just as safely wired in this manner as with screw terminals – even on machines subject to extreme vibration. However, wiring with springloaded terminals can be implemented much faster.
- Reliable wiring of two conductors using double box terminals on contactors from 7 A to 170 A
- Easy to implement control wiring using prominetly situated coil connection on the device front
- AC and DC contactors with the same dimensions facilitate an identical range of accessories.
- Integrated suppressor with DC operated contactors
- AC suppressor is simple to plug-in
- Low holding powers with DC contactor
- DC universal voltage range coils with enhanced voltage tolerance from 17 A.
- The actuation voltage tolerance of the DC operated contactors exceeds the requirements of the IEC standards and provides optimum protection with undervoltages and overvoltages.
If you require any other types or sizes of this product, please contact us.